Spectacular! It's too bad you will not be able to run AAE in this. AAE has no joystick input, so any yoke game will not work. I moved my AAE rig next to my Major Havoc/Macmame rig the other day and I discovered that Macmame was BRIGHTER than AAE. If I were to mame this and I couldn't get a ZVG (lotsa luck there!), I would go with Macmame .56a running in OS 9, the vectors are the brightest in my experience but you will have to compromise by using a mac and all it's drawbacks. SW, ESB and ROTJ will all work in macmame os 9, Topgunner will only run in Macmame OS X.
The only reason I can see to run AAE is for some of the vector effects (like light around asteroid shots). In Mame, you can adjust Beam, resolution, flicker until you get it looking just like the game you played in your youth. It would be nice if Mame incorporated some of the vector monitor "artifacts" (if they do and I don't know about them please tell me). I do recommend using your maximum screen resolution as well. For starwars, I use -beam 1.75 -flicker .25 and -resolution 1680x1050 and then it looks like the starwars machine that my poor index fingers and thumbs used to get sooo tired and sore from...
No comments:
Post a Comment